On 19 Mar 2009, at 04:11, Richard Langly wrote:

Hey all,

I'm searching for a way to do the following (build a proxy of sorts) and wondering if apache or any of it's pieces would allow me to ...

    - receives a request from a web-browser.
    - allows me to grab the URL and build a web page.
    - then forwards the request to the destination.
- and then allows me to store the response when the destination returns the page in this same proxy server.

Sure. Your description isn't precise enough to tell whether you'll need to write
any new code to accomplish what you want, but the basics are mod_proxy,
the filter chain, and possibly mod_cache.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/