Thanks Krist, moving out the rewrite statements from <Directory> and before
other rewrites solved the problem.

J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Krist van Besien [mailto:krist.vanbes...@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 March 2009 13:07
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] mod rewrite issue

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Johnny Edge <je...@visafirst.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Virtual host that utilizes mod rewrite in the following
> manner
>

> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.127:80>
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond
> %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)
> /notfound.php?%{QUERY_STRING}
>
> i.e. missing documents are passed to notfound.php
>
> I also have a directory inside the VH which I want to pass such
> requests to a different script
>

> <Directory "/var/www/html/info/admin/">
>  AuthName "Restricted"
>   NTLMAuth on
>   NTLMAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp"
>   NTLMBasicAuthoritative on
>   AuthType NTLM
>   require valid-user
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond
> %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^admin/(.*)
> /admin/index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
>
> </Directory>
>
> Still, http://info/admin/nonexistent will call notfound.php and not
> admin/index.php

Use:

RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond
%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^/info/admin/(.*)
/admin/index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

And make sure that this is put _before_ the other RewriteRules, as it needs to
match first. It is not necessary to put this in a <Directory> block.
(RewriteRule processing takes place before the URL -> Filename translation, so
directives in <Directory> blocks are probably even ignored here)

Also, as you are not doing any query string mangling you can write your
RewriteRule as:
RewriteRule ^/info/admin/(.*) /admin/index.php [QSA,L]

Krist

--
krist.vanbes...@gmail.com
kr...@vanbesien.org