Brian Mearns wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 1:37 AM, ken <kenbeins...@googlemail.com> wrote:
hi,

I'm using Apache 2.2 in Windows2003 Server.
After i change the configuration file. it  takes a very long time during
Apache restart .
Is there any way to reload  configuration file without restart Apache?

Any help will be appreciate.

You can try "graceful" instead of "restart" as the argument to
apachectl, but I don't know that that will be any faster. My guess is
parsing the config file is what's taking so long.

The OP is using Apache under Windows, presumably as a Windows Service. I don't think apachectl is used in that case. I also don't know if the Windows Service version can do the equivalent of the "graceful" or "reload" options. I think it just stops the entire service and restarts it.