Developer wrote:
Hello,
I have config file like this:

        Listen [fec0::40]:80
        NameVirtualHost myhost.com:80.
        <VirtualHost myhost.com:80 >
                ServerName  myhost.com.
</VirtualHost>

All work fine, but I get error message like:
NameVirtualHost myhost.com has no VirtualHosts
on start. myhost.com is name based host accesible and works.

I can not see the problem for this. Any suggestion?

Hi.
I do not really understand the syntax you are using above, but the reason why it works may be as follows :

- the Listen instruction will cause Apache to listen for connections and requests on port 80, on the IP address you have specified (which is the bit that I do not really understand, since I know little about IPv6) - the NameVirtualHost tells Apache that you want to define Virtual Hosts, but somehow that line and the <VirtualHost> line do not match, so Apache warns you. - no matter what, Apache will have a "default host", that will handle all the requests which one way or another arrive on that (physical) host. That is what makes you think that it works.

To see if the above is the case :
- in your local "hosts" file (Unix/Linux: /etc/hosts, Windows: /windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts), add a line with the IP address of your host, and some funny name like "abc.xyz.com" - in your browser (on the same system where you modified the hosts file), try http://abc.xyz.com
If it also works, then the explanation above is correct.