Eric Covener wrote:
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Sean Conner <s...@conman.org> wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Eric Covener once stated:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Adrian Marsh
<adrian.ma...@ubiquisys.com> wrote:
Am trying MaxMemFree 30000    (30mb? - pure guess number).
Far too large, it's per-thread. Try 1MB.
 This triggered something I recently learned---what threading model are you
using under Apache?  Pre-fork?  Or pthreads?  I ask because pthreads will
allocate stack space for each thread, and the amount used is the default
mount allocated per stack per process:

       http://boston.conman.org/2007/11/05.1

 Rather nasty shock when I found out.

The wasted stack space doesn't shows up as a high VSZ, but not RSS.

Eric, as written that note above is rather cryptic..
Maybe removing double/triple negatives would help ?
;-)