Mike Diggins wrote:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Nick Kew wrote:

On 22 Apr 2009, at 01:28, Mike Diggins wrote:

Anyone using mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6 with Apache 2.x under Solaris 10 (or any version of Solaris)? I can't get it to compile and I don't know why. I could use a hand.

Tell us what the problem is, and maybe someone can help.

This is what I get.

digg...@rh1<~/mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6># ./configure

checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/apache2/lib... no
checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/lib... no
checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/lib... no
checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/apache2/lib... no
configure: *** memcache library not found.

It's looking for apr_memcache, as referenced on the mod_auth_xradius
webpage.

That's actually wrong: apr_memcache is now integrated into apr,
so you shouldn't need to install it.  The configuration should
be updated.  But it appears to be non-critical:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating include/mod_auth_xradius.h
config.status: creating include/mod_auth_xradius_config.h

So it didn't actually break on that (though I suspect
that may get you a partially-crippled build).

> libradius/radlib.h:196: error: parse error before "xrad_cvt_int"
> libradius/radlib.h:196: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `xrad_cvt_int' > libradius/radlib.h:196: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> libradius/radlib.h:206: error: parse error before "u_int32_t"

Looks like u_int32_t is not defined at this point: another minor
breakage in the build system.  What happens if you typedef
it earlier in libradius/radlib.h?

   typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;
(or otherwise, if unsigned int isn't 32-bit on your architecture).

Also, I notice you're using gcc.  SunStudio cc is generally the
preferred option on Solaris.  If you have it, you can select it
with by setting CC on the configure line.

--
Nick Kew