It was thus said that the Great Buddy wu once stated:
> when setup apache using ssl, and require a client certificate to login,
> then in apache's logfile. can log the user who access the website with
> certificate? and which certificate he use, like name, email etc.thanks alog

  In my Apache config file, I defined the following:

LogFormat "%h %l \"%{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN}x\" %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" sslcombined

And in the configuration for the secure site:

<VirtualHost 66.252.224.242:443>
  ServerName            secure.conman.org
  CustomLog             /home/spc/web/logs/s-secure.conman.org sslcombined

</VirtualHost>

  You may want to play around with what you log.  Some examples:

        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_C
        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_ST
        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_L
        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O
        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_OU
        SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN

  But it really depends upon the fields defined for the certificate.

  -spc