Rocco Scappatura wrote:
Hello,

On Gio, 30 Aprile 2009 15:44, André Warnier wrote:

So I think that the header Host: is considered after mod_proxy and so
the
request is forwarded to Tomcat.

With respect, I think that this does not make sense.
Apache has to first parse the Host: header, before it even knows which
<VirtualHost> should handle the request.  So it can certainly not apply
any specific VirtualHost section directive before it has read and
understood this header.

OK. Infact, I agree with you.. :-)

I really figure out why I don't see the content of document root specified
forthe virtual host.. :-( After all the access and errorlogs for the
specified virtual ho are created..

Difficult to say without having access to your /complete/ configuration, and without looking at the access and error logs.

Arm yourself seriously for debugging, and don't make too many guesses before you have some real data. Don't change too much at a time in your configuration, or you will not know which is which anymore.
Start from a config that works, make one change and test.

Give each virtualhost section its own access log and error log.
If you use mod_rewrite, turn on its log too.

Then access your site once and look at the logs.

Access log tells you what it tried to access, and a code 200 if it was ok, another code it was not.
The error log will tell you why it was not.
If you don't even get a line in the access log, it means that the request did not even reach the server.

Use "nslookup" to verify that both your hostnames resolve to the same IP, and that it is the IP of your server.

The first defined <VirtualHost> section acts as the default virtualhost, so all calls where Apache cannot identify the target host will end up there.

If you need to see really what the server is sending in return to the browser, get an appropriate plugin :
- HttpFox for Firefox
- Fiddler2 for IE
- .. ?