Julius Thijssen wrote:
How annoying, having to switch naming from CentOS/RHEL to Debian.
It causes me to work for hours changing httpd to apache2 (and back)
while migrating a linux server system.
Can't they just get along and make some uniformity between them?
What could EVER be useful about using two different names for one and
the same daemon?

Sure.
The next step would be to ask them to all put the DocumentRoot under /var/www, instead of /srv/www sometimes. Then the next step would be to ask to agree on a structure for the config files under /etc/apache2 .. ooops /etc/httpd, so that one doesn't use sites-available while the other uses vhosts.d. Then we could also ask the Apache foundation to tell the Apache packagers for Windows to stop this nonsense of using install directory names with spaces, like C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/.. etc.. Whatever was wrong with C:/apache ?

Hopeless, I'm afraid.