Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I created the .pem file using keytool
>
> keytool -export -alias tomcat -rfc > tomcat.pem
>
> and then moved this file to apache directory and ran c_rehash
> /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl
>
> this created a link file cc5d41ae.0 -> tomcat.pem
>
> what are the missing steps to create the server.key and server.crt on apache
> using openssl?

from the openssl howto (http://www.openssl.org/docs/HOWTO/)

openssl genrsa -des3 -out privkey.pem 2048

will make a private key (privkey.pem) encrypted with a passphrase, if
you dont' want the passphrase leave the '-des3' bit out

to make a certificate:

openssl req -new -x509 -key privkey.pem -out cacert.pem -days 1095

this will make a self-signed certificate using the previously created key.

Davide

--
I used to be interested in Windows NT, but the more I see of it the more
it looks like traditional Windows with a stabler kernel. I don't find