Hi,

We are developing a web application and need to create a website.
The testsite.conf contains

Namevirtualhost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
AllowEncodedSlashes On
Alias /testsite "/var/www/company/yyy/public"
<Directory "/var/www/company/yyy/public">
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

We don't want to specify a fix IP Address, so we leave it with *.
This works fine under Apache 2.2.8 (in Ubuntu 8.04)
However, under Apache 2.2.11 (in Ubuntu 9.04), the settings are not
ineffect.

If we browse http://localhost/testsite/test.html, error log shows apache
trying to access /var/www/testsite/test.html instead of
/var/www/company/yyy/public/test.html

If I add "ServerName localhost", then it will work.

Is there a way specify a site configuration (i.e. AllowEncodedSlashes,
Alias, etc) with out specifying a fixed IP Address or fixed ServerName.

Thanks in advance.
Tony