Is it normal that when calling i.e. http://server/cgi-bin/script.cgi multiple times, concurrently, from one client, each another request will only be served only when the previous script executed to an end?

For example, if we have a script.cgi which sleeps for a specified amount of seconds, we call it several times concurrently in one browser:

1) http://server/cgi-bin/script.cgi?sleep=30_seconds
2) http://server/cgi-bin/script.cgi?sleep=0_seconds

Request 1) will take 30 seconds to deliver results to the client.
Request 2) will also take 30 seconds to deliver results to the clients, as it is blocked by request 1) for that amount of seconds.

Is my thinking correct?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org