ServerLimit is 21 in worker and ThreadsPerChild is 25. So that means at MAX,
21 httpd will be running with with 25 threads each serving requests. I don't
think it will serve 2000 connections simultaneously. Can you change it to 50
and 41 and see whether it works? (just a thought)

Regards
Prasanna Ram