   RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
-  RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI}/$1 [R,L]
+   RewriteRule (.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]

in the .htaccess file.

But still when I go to

  http://Domain.com/subdirectory

I get redirected to

  https://Domain.com

Hmmm... I'm not seeing anything obvious (this is the same type of code I use to redirect URLs on my servers, albeit based upon the host name provider, not HTTP vs HTTPS). I normally set this kind of thins inside the apache conf (in the VirtualHost container) because rewrite rules work slightly different in apache conf vs .htaccess, but it shouldn't be affecting this situation.

A couple of things to try:

1) Change the RewriteRule to this (just to make sure it's really processing and matching it)

RewriteRule (.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/this-page-is-bad [R,L]

2) Try cranking up the RewriteLogLevel a bit to see the rewrites in action, once again to make sure it's processing properly.

3) Make sure you clear your browser cache. I've seen odd instances where a browser might cache a redirect.

--
Justin Pasher