At 12:08 PM 6/18/2009, you wrote:
Hi,

I started an apache server on a local machine(A) on linux. I can ping this machine from another host(B) on the same network but I can't browse to it using http://. I get the error saying "IE cannot display this page".

I verified that the server is running on (A) by using <http://localhost>http://localhost on the local machine (A). Are there any more permissions I should be setting for machine B to be able to access the http server on A?

Firewall?

on computer B:

telnet ip.address.of.a 80

What do you get?