Hi

Are you running PHP with CGI? If yes, then you can use the
<Directory></Directory> directive blocks and the Options Directive to
optionally allow or disallow execution of PHP scripts. For example, your
basic hosting can have a config:
<Directory /var/www/basic>
    Options -ExecCGI <other options>
</Directory>

while for your Hosting package, it can read:
<Directory /var/www/Hosting>
   Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

You can check out http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html for more
details. You can further support different versions of PHP for your Legacy
and Hosting packages using the AddHandler directive in a similar fashion.

Hope this helps you and all the best!

Regards
Chandranshu