Hello,

Is there a recommended solution for redirecting clients which need
to authenticate for .htacess to a secure version of the URL, and then
following succesful authentiction, redirecting them back to the normal
(port 80) URL ?

I've seen code like the following

        <Directory "/web/docroot/secure">
                SSLOptions +StrictRequire
                SSLRequireSSL
                ErrorDocument 403 https://myserver.tld/secure
        </Directory>

This will enforce the user over HTTPs for the specified folders, but not
send them back to port 80 following authentication.

I don't want to force all web access over HTTPS, just the .htaccess
authentication.

I'm sure this is a Frequently Asked Question, but I have not been able to
find an answer.
Anybody got a solution?

Paul