On Jul 14, 2009, at 6:40 PM, John Oliver wrote:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 05:50:13PM -0500, Doug Bell wrote:
On Jul 14, 2009, at 5:25 PM, John Oliver wrote:

I have a server that's always been known as https://server1.com/ It's
now known as https://server2.com/  Anyone who accesses it as
https://server1.com/ winds up getting a certificate error as well as
other issues.  I want to grab and rewrite any https://server1.com/
URLs
to https://server2.com/ But it seems like there are dozens of ways to
do this, and none are working for me.  mod_rewrite, mod_alias,
Redirect,
RewriteCond, blah blah blah... nothing I try ahs any effect.

What do you mean by doesn't work?

URL never changes.

Then rather than give you things you've probably already tried, including the obvious:

# .. in the old vhost ..
Redirect permanent / https://server2.com/

Please tell me what you've tried already. Was there any errors in the error log when you tried these things?

Doug Bell -- Senior Developer, Plain Black Corp.
[ http://plainblack.com ]
all that groks is