Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
I am thinking of securing part of my low volume
web site with SSL.  I wend to some certificate
authorities, and I was blown away by the prices.
Are there that are both cheap and widely recognized?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

So, all this education/lecturing on certificates, but
very little that is in reply to the OP's question. ;-)

I use geotrust quite a bit, but have a project where
I could use the same information that the OP posed.

...currently looking into:
RapidSSL
register.com
GoDaddy
DigiCert
comodo.com
www.instantssl.com
and now: cacert.org

I only have a little experience with comodo and
there were a few hiccups along the way (transfering/renewing).
The rest I know little to nothing about, so would appreciate
any feedback.

Donovan

--
  =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
  D. BROOKE                       EUCA Design Center