Hello

I just wanted to provide an update to the list of my implemented backup
procedure (it may help with other people in the same position!)

1.      Apache - rsync the file httpd.conf and the conf.d folder over to
another machine which is configured with the same Apache version (2.2
IIRC) - it acts as a "mirror" to the main server now (for want of a
better description).

2. MySQL - Currently looking at Zmanda on a virtual machine and not
having much luck (although a small disaster with an un-related LVM issue
this weekend took priority!).  For now, a simple EXPORT from the WebGUI
to a plain SQL file which can be imported in at will to the "mirror"
will have to suffice.

In the event of the main webserver failing, the rsync will be no more
than 1 hour old and the MySQL no more than 1 day old - all I need to do
is change my firewall's port forwarding to the IP address of the
failover machine (I can't change the Ip on the machine because there are
other services running on it (samba)).  Yes, I know, I should get DNS
working so I can change the IP at will but I can't be bothered, ok ;) I
have two kids and a demanding wife who insists I spend time with her
instead of the computers lol!!

Anyway, Sheryl, your help is very much appreciated and your suggestions
very good.

Have a nice day everyone!
Rich