Hi guys!

Actually our web application has a retry mechanism based on http status code
returned to client. Just an example:
- An http request is made to http://web/software_A_folder/file.swf
- if the file doesn't exist (http 404) on software_A_folder, the request is
made in core folder: http://web/core/file.swf

This mechanism is used on entire application: when a file doesn't exist on
software_x_folder, a retry is made on core folder.

In terms of Apache, this mechanism make always 2 requests (in case of file
not found).

What I want to know is if there are any option on Apache to handle 404
status code without retry the request. When file not found, some logic will
handle the 404 and return the file located on other folder.

I appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
A.