Hi,

we are using Apache 2.2 as a Proxy and mod-proxy_balancer for load balancing. We want share the load between two tomcats. One Tomcat for users 'a-l' and another tomcat for users 'm-z' (That's for optimize caching). If one tomcat is not available, the other should take the load. So our httpd.conf looks like that:

 <Proxy balancer://cluster_a-l>
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8082 status=-H
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8083 status=H
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from all
 </Proxy>
 <Proxy balancer://cluster_m-z>
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8083 status=-H
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8082 status=H
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from all
 </Proxy>

ProxyPassMatch ^/[a-l] balancer://cluster_a-l stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid ProxyPassMatch ^/[m-z] balancer://cluster_m-z stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid

Now I've got two questions:

1. What is the difference between status an lbset?

It works too, if I change the conf to this:

 <Proxy balancer://cluster_a-l>
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8082 lbset=1
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8083 lbset=2
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from all
 </Proxy>
 <Proxy balancer://cluster_m-z>
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8083 lbset=1
   BalancerMember http://localhost:8082 lbset=2
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from all
 </Proxy>

2. I get the following warnings:

[warn] worker http://localhost:8083 already used by another worker
[warn] worker http://localhost:8082 already used by another worker

I understand the message: Both workers are used twice, once per balancer. But I don't understand the message as a warning. I don't know how this config can cause problems?

Thanks for all answers and infos.
Kind regards
Peter