On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 10:23 +0200, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> [Apache apache-1.3.41_1]
>
> Last night my Apache server went down. Can use apachectl start, but
> doesn't come up again.
>
> My httpd-error.log file says:
> (2)No such file or directory: make_sock: for port 80, setsockopt:
> (SO_ACCEPTFILTER)
>
> Can someone tell me what happens here? Thanks.
>
> Jos Chrispijn

Apache tried to load an accept filter for port 80, but it couldn't do
it. An accept filter is a kernel module that reads in the initial part
of the request in kernel mode before handing it over to apache, which
increases performance.

Normally it would fail to load it if the kernel module is not available.
Assuming you are using FreeBSD, try ''kldload accf_http``

The error you are seeing is not fatal though. Is anything else mentioned
in the error log?

Cheers

Tom