Hi,

I did run some openssl commands and here is what I saw.

# openssl s_client -connect <ldap server ip>:636

verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:1

verify error:num=21:unable to verify the first certificate
verify return:1

No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
Verify return code: 21 (unable to verify the first certificate)

The same thing I got when I ran the command on local ldap server too.

Are the certificates not OK? If this is so, how am I able to run ldapsearch
with "ldaps" url on my local client?

*THE CERTIFICATES ARE SELF SIGNED ONES. ARE THEY CREATING ISSUES FOR APACHE?
*

*When I had a look at the ethereal traces, I found some checksum error in
Server Hello, certificate, server hello done, change cipher spec, Encrypted
handshake message and Encrypted Alert message during TLS handshake. Is that
a concern too?*

Please comment.

Regards
Asimananda