Newman, Billy wrote:
I am currently experiencing problems with using xalan.jar that lives in
lib/endorsed and apache.

I get a zip file closed exception after a while that hangs my jBoss server.
In the little information I have it looks like we are getting a reference
(which is possibly incorrect) to xalan.jar and later we are closing that
reference, which is why we are getting the zip file closed exception.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

Probably not. But on the Apache Tomcat list, someone may have, seen that they deal with java and stuff..