Hi,

I noticed the following warning text in the graceful-stop section of the
apache manual (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/stopping.html):

"You should also be wary of other potential race conditions, such as using
rotatelogs style piped logging. Multiple running instances of rotatelogs
attempting to rotate the same logfiles at the same time may destroy each
other's logfiles."

The only solution to the above race condition that I came up with was to
give the log file a unique name during startup (using a <perl> block).  Is
anyone else using graceful-stop and rotatelogs?  If so, what are you doing
to handle this race condition?

Thanks in advance,

Paul