On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 17:18 -0400, Tony Rice (trice) wrote:
> I'm trying to convert from DBM file based authentication and
> authorization to LDAP based authentication and authorization in Apache
> 2.2.11.
>
> We've already got a large number of .htaccess files with specific
> configs for individual directories that are using "require user" and
> "require group".  Is it possible to configure the apache server to allow
> those .htaccess to continue work as expected or must we change them to
> "require ldap-user" and "require ldap-group"?
>
> I'm digging through the mod_authnz_ldap docs but the config to specify
> the base for group authorization (in my case: "ou=GroupStuff,ou=Our
> Groups,dc=Company,dc=Com") just isn't jumping out at me.

This is how we do it:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Company"
AuthBasicProvider "ldap"
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap/o=Company?mail?sub?(accountActive=TRUE)"
AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=authuser,ou=System Accounts,o=Company"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "authpass"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative "On"
Require valid-user
Require ldap-group cn=Department,ou=Groups,o=Company

Cheers

Tom