Berube, Steve (HP Software) wrote:

Now, here is where gets interesting. What should happen is the client should prompt for a client certificate from the smart card reader and ask the user for their pin.

On firefox 3.5.3 it prompts the user for their smartcard pin as long as the Security Device for ActivClient is installed. Works great!

IE 8.0 on Windows 7 didn’t work, after rebuilding the system it works now.

All the other systems (tested 10) running IE will not work.

This may be a SSL handshake issue. Do you have something like this in your SSL virtualhost:

BrowserMatch ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

If not, try adding it.

It seems to me that something in this area was changed recently in Apache, because after upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.2.13 I had to add similar directive even for Firefox, which worked fine before.

--
Toomas Aas

... The truth is out there. Does anyone know the URL?