Scott Gifford wrote:
Hello,

I'm using mod_ftp to provide authenticated FTP access to a Web
directory.  It is mostly read-only, but a few users should have write
access to the directory.  I am using mod_auth_mysql with groups for

What mod_auth_mysql?

There are several third-party modules with that name.  They are
essentially obsoleted by the DBD framework in HTTPD/2.2.  So you
are probably using a module written for the HTTPD/2.0 authnz
framework rather than the 2.2 one.

  <Directory "/path/to/ftp">
      Include mysql_auth.conf
    <Limit MKD RMD STOR DELE RNFR>
      require group writer
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept MKD RMD STOR DELE RNFR>
      Include idx_auth.conf
      require group reader
    </LimitExcept>
  </Directory>

What's in those Includes?  <Limit> is not a general-purpose
container, so it may not work as you expect on some or all
of the contents of idx_auth.conf.

--
Nick Kew