On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM, J. Bakshi <joyd...@infoservices.in> wrote:
> ```````````````````````
>  access to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi failed, reason: SSL connection
> required
> ```````````````````````````````````````
>
> This is ok as redirection is not working here. Do you have any idea ? My
> previous config with <Location> could did the redirection though.

Hmm. I'm not sure if aliases preempt rewriterules. Maybe that is the
problem. I asume everything works if you access directly over https?
ie, after entering https:/<hostname>/test you are prompted for
authentication info, and then see viewvc?

Normally if you have set up your config the usual way you should have
two virtual hosts in your config, one for http, one for https. What
you could do is add the RewriteRule to the http vhost, and the rest to
the https vhost. That is how I would do it anyway.

Krist

--
krist.vanbes...@gmail.com
kr...@vanbesien.org