On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 10:28 +0100, Martijn Moret wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have quitte some Apache httpd experience but I am not sure how to solve
> this question from my company:
>
> We have a corporate site at: http://www.example.com
> We are implementing a new webshop and our Marketing dep. decided om:
> http://www.example.com/order
>
> Due to the nature of the requests and for performance, I would like to host
> the web shop on two different webservers.
> I thought of mod_proxy to create a reverse proxy on the webservers of
> example.com.
>
> Are there any other ways to achieve this?
> They do not want to expose a different name then www.example.com/order
>
> Thanks in advance
> Martijn

This is exactly what ProxyPass{Reverse} is designed for; to present
multiple URI's (on the same or different physical servers) as one single
site to clients.

<VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:80>
        ServeName    "www.example.com"
        DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

        ProxyPass        /order/ http://backend-order-server/order/
        ProxyPassReverse /order/ http://backend-order-server/order/

        etc...

</VirtualHost>

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower