On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM, sieger...@gmail.com
<sieger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out why I cannot install a SSL certificate that I'd
> been given.

What did you exactly do, and what error messages did you receive, what
problems do you have? Just telling us that you have a problem is not
really sufficient.

> I'm not too familiar with how a certificate is generated from the
> certificate request file, so any insight into the process would be
> appreciated.

You create a key, then create a certificate signing request. This you
send  to your CA. It will come back with the CA's signature.

Your key doesn't have a "subject", but your certificate request does,
and if it doesn't match the of the signed certificate something went
wrong. Public key information must also match.

Krist

--
krist.vanbes...@gmail.com
kr...@vanbesien.org