Shibi NS wrote:
Hello All,

Error log setting without piped logging feature

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\""
common
TransferLog '| rotatelogs \logs\access_log.%y%m%d 1M  common';
ErrorLog      '| rotatelogs \logs\error_log.%y%m%d 1M  ';

Error log setting with piped logging feature

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\""
common
TransferLog '\logs\access_log.%y%m%d';
ErrorLog      ' \logs\error_log.%y%m%d';

I believe you mixed things up a bit above.
1) the first settings look like a piped log, and vice-versa.
2) The "common" at the end of TransferLog will be ignored.
Read this again :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#transferlog
(and the preceding LogFormat, and also the CustomLog directive)

Also check the note in CustomLog about file paths :

When entering a file path on non-Unix platforms, care should be taken to make sure that only forward slashed are used even though the platform may allow the use of back slashes. In general it is a good idea to always use forward slashes throughout the configuration files.

I suggest you correct all the above first, then test again, and get back here if you still have a problem.