R. M. Pretzlaw wrote:
Whats so confusing about my configutation?

Maybe the first thing is : why use a .htaccess file, when you evidently have access to the main server configuration. .htaccess files are probably to most over-used thing in Apache configurations, and they are quite inefficient, and often quite confusing. The reason is basically that you are asking Apache to first walk down the whole file hierarchy, applying all applicable <Location> and <Directory> rules as it is doing so. Then at the last level, Apache finds a .htaccess file that tells it to do something else. So it now has to restart at the beginning, and do it all over again. If you need Rewrite rules, you can also put them right at the beginning of your Apache configuration file, or inside of a <Directory> section. In my opinion, .htaccess files make sense only in the case where your system's main configuration is not accessible, and you only can use a .htaccess file inside a directory to which you do have access.

I am also a bit puzzled by your Rewrite rules :
    RewriteRule ^[.]{0}$ _index.php?u= [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^([^_]+)$ _index.php?u=$1 [L,QSA]

what is the first one supposed to match ? to me it looks like matching a URL composed of "a dot character, zero times". ??
What are you trying to match ?
Can you give an example of a URL, and what you would like it to be rewritten as ?