Hi

these are my config files

in httpd.conf add

LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so

LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so

and include the proxy config files

<IfModule proxy_module>

<IfModule proxy_ajp_module>

<IfModule proxy_balancer_module>

       Include conf/extra/httpd-balancer.conf

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

and here is the httpd-balancer.conf

ProxyRequests off

#
 #

# #

# Balancer Manager in Apache #

# http://testweb.tres.bnc.ca/balancer-manager #

# #

#
 #

<Location /balancer-manager>

SetHandler balancer-manager

AuthType Digest

AuthName "/server-info"

AuthDigestDomain /server-info https://testweb.tres.bnc.ca/server-info

AuthDigestProvider file

AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2.2.4/conf/.digest_pw

Require valid-user

Order Deny,Allow

Allow from all

BrowserMatch "MSIE" AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

</Location>

#balancers

<Proxy balancer://tomcats/>

      BalancerMember ajp://server1:8881 route=server1 loadfactor=1 keepalive=On

      BalancerMember ajp://server2:8882 route=server2 loadfactor=1 keepalive=On

</Proxy>

#balanced application

<Location /app1/>

    ProxyPass balancer://tomcats/app1/ nofailover=On lbmethod=byrequests

    ProxyPassReverse balancer://tomcats/app1/

    Order Deny,Allow

    Allow from all

</Location>

<Location /app2/>

    ProxyPass balancer://tomcats/app2/ nofailover=On lbmethod=byrequests

    ProxyPassReverse balancer://tomcats/app2/

    Order Deny,Allow

    Allow from all

</Location>

also add the jvmroot in your tomcat server.xml in the first tomcat

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="server1" jvmRoute="server1">

</Engine>

and in the second tomcat

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="server2" jvmRoute="server2">

</Engine>

that's it