On 1/28/2010 8:46 PM, LuKreme wrote:
> On 28-Jan-2010, at 13:08, Matthew Smith wrote:
>>
>> I have modified the windows 7 machine host file to the following:
>> 192.168.1.2 mysite_com
>
> Is that the correct format for the hosts file in Windos? I seem to recall the
> Windows host file was 'different'
>
> Did you verify that the hosts file is in the right location? Check the
> registry for
>
> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DataBasePath
>
> and see where it should be.

That is the correct format. It's pretty much exactly the same as *Nix
(I've run both Windows (since 95) and Linux (on and off since RH 6.2,
currently have a FreeBSD 8.0 box)), though I have noticed that Vista and
XP put it in two different locations (e.g. there are two hosts files).

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT