I have a weird situation that I'm migrating a site that was using
WebSphere for a backend to using Resin. We have a requirement that
sessions be persistent to the app server, and we've done this thus far
by using ProxyPassMatch <blah> balancer://<blah>
stickysession=JSESSIONID and specifying the route to the backend app
server in the proxy definition.

I now have a requirement (or desire, I should say) for
case-insensitive matching of the URI to be passed through to the app
layer.  I know that I can use mod_rewrite for this, using [NC] at the
end of the RewriteCond line that looks at the URI. However, how do I
get it to remain persistent to the app server in this setup?