Okay, I have now a different setup. After a lot of researching on Google, I concluded that it is not possible to do what I wanted.

Now I have a common drupal codebase located at /srv/htdocs/drupal

I am using this kind of setup - http://drupal.org/node/124268

Only difference being all user directories are at /srv/htdocs as suexec docroot is /srv.

Now the problem is FastCGI. FastCGISuexec has been configured.

at /srv/cgi-bin, a shell script called php-cgi (the wrapper) is there owned by www:www.

When I want to execute php files in /srv/<user>/<site>/public/file.php then it suexec log says - "target uid/gid (500/500) mismatch with directory (501/501) or program (501/501)"

500 is the user, 501 is www.

What's the solution for this ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan