Hello,

I'm using Apache to redirect request via reverse proxy to Tomcat on port
8080. On most of the pages, it will work flawlessly. However, on some pages,
it seems that Apache will incorrectly modify the HTML content (IMO, as part
of URL transformation). For example the following code:

href="/Blog/CategoryRss?xpage=plain&amp;category=Blog.News" title="RSS">

becomes:

class="wikimodel-freestanding" href="
http://wiki.knowledgesharing.in.th/Blog/CategoryRss?xpage=plain&amp;amp;category=Blog.News";><span
class="wikigeneratedlinkcontent">
title="RSS">

with a mysterious span code inside href attribute.

FYI, the original HTML validated as XHTML 1.0 Strict.

I have no idea what cause this. Please help.

My setting is as follow.

Apache version:
I have this issue with Apache on both Ubuntu 8.04 and 9.10, i.e. the
following versions:

Server version: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)
Server built:   Nov 13 2009 21:58:02

Server version: Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu)
Server built:   Nov 12 2009 22:51:51

The reverse proxy is configured as follow:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName wiki.knowledgesharing.in.th
ServerAdmin "admin AT knowledgesharing DOT in DOT th"
ServerSignature Email

ProxyPass / http://wiki.knowledgesharing.in.th:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://wiki.knowledgesharing.in.th:8080/

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The site is live, so you could try it at:

http://wiki.knowledgesharing.in.th/Blog/ (via Apache reverse proxy)
http://wiki.knowledgesharing.in.th:8080/Blog/ (direct to Tomcat, without
reverse proxy)

Thank you very much,