On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Tiago Marques <tiago...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to do 301 redirects from a website which used queries extensively
> but doesn't use any now. I found this piece of code but it doesn't seem to
> work.
>>
>> RewriteEngine on
>>
>> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id=13$
>>
>> RewriteRule ^/page.php$ http://www.example.com/newname.htm? [L,R=301]
>
> All the examples I found are very similar to this one but I can't get any of
> them to work, it simply keeps the ?id=13 part and doesn't rewrite the url.
> Am I doing anything wrong or has something changed from one mod_rewrite
> revision to another?

If it's not doing anything, maybe you put them in the wrong VirtualHost?

If you put it in .htaccess, the RewriteRule will never match due to
only matching a leading slash -- those are never present in
per-directory context.  You'd also need to make sure AllowOverride was
set for that Directory.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com