I'll quantify the problem a little better.  If I go on linux to the
directory I am browsing via the HTTP server and issue these commands:
# touch test.log
# echo one >> test.log
# echo two >> test.log
# cp test.log test.log.txt

If I use my brower to open test.log, it launches notepad on Windows which
contains a single line:
one two

and this has a square character after each of the words.  Undisplayable
character.  If I view this in a hex editor, it's just a LF.

If I use my browser to open test.log.txt, then the browser displays
one
two

And if I do a view source in the browser, then it is simple text with no
tags. If I view this in a hex editor, it has a CR/LF.    So obviously the
HTTP server is processing it differently.  What I want is for the server to
treat .log files the same as it does .txt files.  But I'll be darned if I
can find anyone else that tried to solve this same problem.  I've googled
for hours on this.  Though maybe I'm a poor googler.  ;-)

TIA
Jon
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Jonathon Veencamp <jdveenc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't think it's a poor editting thing.  I think this is the difference
> between Unix and Windows and CR/LF on Windows versus LF on Linux.  The HTTP
> server is adding CR/LF to .txt files to display them correctly in the
> browser.  But I can't get it to display .log files in the same manner.
>
> Thanks both of you for the very quick replies.  This is my first question
> via this list, and it was suprisingly fast response!
>
> Jon
>   On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Daniel Reinhardt <
> crypto...@cryptodan.net> wrote:

>>> browser.  I would like to have the Apache HTTP server treat these the
>>> same
>>> as .txt files, but I've been unable to find the configuration I need to