On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+apa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At, e.g., launch of a second app @ server, logs show only,
>
>        ==> /var/log/apache2/error_log <==
>        [Tue Feb 23 19:56:58 2010] [warn] mod_fcgid: too much processes,
> please increase FCGID_MAX_APPLICATION

Since changing FCGID_MAX_APPLICATION to 4096 didn't help, I guess
you've encountered some sort of defect that causes a false detection
of too many processes.  Although it is not going to solve your
problem, we can improve this particular message as well to indicate
the current value, that it is changed in the src, and requires a
rebuild.

We can leave off docs@ for now.

What is the OS and how many instances (processes) of your two apps
were running when this message was generated?  With LogLevel debug,
what messages are written by mod_fcgid to the error log up until the
first failure?