On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:33 AM, J. Bakshi <joyd...@infoservices.in> wrote:

> On 03/04/2010 05:18 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Igor Cicimov <icici...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:icici...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     See the name of the module in the LoadModule line in the config file
> >
> >>     On Mar 4, 2010 6:16 PM, "J. Bakshi" <joyd...@infoservices.in
> >>     <mailto:joyd...@infoservices.in>> wrote:
> >>
> >>     On 03/04/2010 11:40 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote: > On Thu, Mar
> >>     4, 2010 at 11:12 AM, J. Bakshi <joy...
> >>
> >>     > <mailto:joyd...@infoservices.in
> >>     <mailto:joyd...@infoservices.in>>> wrote: > > Hello list, > >
> >>     Here in debian lenny the rewr...
> >>
> >>     > I think you should be using rewrite_module.c instead of
> >>     mod_rewrite.c > >
> >>
> >>     Checked by  <IfModule rewrite_module.c> but no luck.  How can I
> check
> >>     the correct module in my server ?
> >>

> > Or do apachectl -M
> >

> Great..great. Now it is providing a clear view.
>
>  # apache2ctl - M    shows here
>
> [.......]
>  negotiation_module (shared)
>  php5_module (shared)
>  rewrite_module (shared)
>  setenvif_module (shared)
> [.....]
>
> So, it is  rewrite_module. Unfortunately  here the rewrite stuff still
> not working with and with out <IfModule> part. Please tell me if some
> one needs any more info.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> জয়দীপ বক্সী

If you're trying to configure the RewriteRules globally, then you must use
RewriteOptions inherit inside the vhost configuration.
Why not compile apache from source ? These precompiled ones always suck and
are tough to create in dpkg or rpm formats.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator