Hello all,

I have several virtual hosts piping their log files to rotatelogs. For various
reasons I have two virtual hosts piping to the same log file:
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
CustomLog "|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs /logs/site/access_log.%U-%Y 604800" combined
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.5>
CustomLog "|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs /logs/site/access_log.%U-%Y 604800" combined
</VirtualHost>

In this case there are understandably two processes of rotatelogs running:
.../usr/sbin/rotatelogs /logs/access_log.%U-%Y 604800
.../usr/sbin/rotatelogs /logs/access_log.%U-%Y 604800

Is this setup going to cause any unintended consequences? I'm thinking it might
run into a couple of problems but the man page and the web doesn't have a real
answer. Does apache and rotatelogs handle cleanly the rotation because there
are two processes trying to do the rotation? Is there a file locking problem
with rotatelogs whereby one process won't be able to write to the log file?