I have been trying configurations like the following:

SetEnvIf response Cache-Control !"^max-age*$"
test=ThisShouldDisplayInXwsField
Header append X-ws test

With the above, as a first step I was trying to test if I can detect the
presence of Cach-Control max-age field in the Response header. What I
expected was, if response header had Cache-Control max-age field, then the
X-ws field would show the string 'ThisShouldDisplayInXwsField'. But I could
not see it set even though max-age was present in the header.

I know these are not complete, but I as the first step, I was trying to get
these to work.

-Anurag