Hello all,

I'm currently using mod_deflate, enabled with the following option:

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml

Everything works fine except that some users using Adobe Reader 7 or
older (the only versions confirmed to be ok are 9.1 and 9.3) seem
to have problems opening the PDF files. These are generated PDFs based
on the options selected in a form. It seems to me that
apache is failing to detect that the output is a PDF file and is
compressing the PDF file causing those users to have problems.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to avoid this problem? Is
there a way for me to say something like:
"Check the value of header X and if it has value Y then don't compress" ?

Any input would be very welcomed. Thank your for your time.

-r