On 03/28/2010 05:58 PM, Frank DeChellis wrote:
Hi there,

I am posting here even though I am trying to install joomla. I think
it’s an apache question.

We are trying to install joomla with apache 1.3.41 and PHP 5.2.8

In http://aquaduct.iaw.com/~frankd/test.php is shows :

*output_handler *zlib.output_handler zlib.output_handler

But joomla says the gzip compression is not enable during the install.

Is there a line that I am supposed to add to the httpd.conf to make it
show through?

This is what joomla shows me on install:

HP Version >= 4.3.10 * Yes*
- Zlib Compression Support * N*o
- XML Suppor*t Y*es
- MySQL Suppo*rt *Yes
MB Language is Defa*ult * Yes
MB String Overload* Off * Yes
configuration.php Wri*table Yes
*
Is there an httpd.conf entry that I need to finish the job?

Thanks
Frank

Frank DeChellis
President, Internet Access Worldwide
Welland, Ontario, Canada
www.iaw.com

There's nothing to do with Apache here. Your PHP hasn't been compiled with Zlib extension.

I don't know why people come here with PHP questions although this not a PHP ML. Go to PHP ML and ask how to compile with Zlib or read the docs !

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator