Greeting!

I'm having a problem on setting up client certificate on my test site on
Apache 2.2.15/OpenSSL 0.9.8m on Windows XP.  I followed the "How-To"
articles on mod_ssl (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_howto.html).
 When I browse the site, I got the following error message in the log:

Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not accepted by client!?

I read through the documentation.  I tried to turn
SSLInsecureRenegotiation on and off, but no luck.  I attached the
configuration of my virtual host, hoping that you would point out anything
that I've missed.  Oh, when I said that the site wasn't working, I was
referring to my browser, which displays an error page with the code:
ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert, instead of asking me for a certificate.

Thanks,

Kenneth Yeung

<VirtualHost *:10991>
    ServerAdmin mys...@mycompany.com
    DocumentRoot "C:/hosts-static/mysite/ROOT"
    ServerName mysite.mycompany.com
    ErrorLog "C:/hosts-static/mysite/log/ROOT-error.log"
    CustomLog "C:/hosts-static/mysite/log/ROOT-access.log" common

    SSLEngine on
    SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM
    SSLCertificateFile "C:/Apache2.2/conf/ssl.crt/mysite.crt"
    SSLCertificateKeyFile "C:/Apache2.2/conf/ssl.crt/mysite.key"

    SSLInsecureRenegotiation on

    <Directory C:/hosts-static/mysite/ROOT>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all

        SSLVerifyClient require
        SSLVerifyDepth 1
        SSLCACertificateFile
"C:/Apache2.2/conf/ssl.crt/self_signed_ca.crt"

    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>