On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Mark Watts <m.wa...@eris.qinetiq.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 08:03 -0400, Eric Covener wrote:

>> > I did not mention in this case it is about a full managed
>> > Linux box. Access to the Apache config is not permitted.
>> > One hat to use a .htaccess file.
>> >
>> > Is there something similar to ProxyPassReverse which works
>> > in the .htaccess?
>>
>> Maybe 'Header edit Location ...' but I'm not sure if Header directives
>> in your htaccess will still be applicable after all the proxying work
>> is done (it wouldn't with ProxyPass, but it might since you had
>> mod_rewrite in htaccess)
>>

> Eric - what makes [P] valid in an htaccess, but not
> ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse ?

I'm just going by the manual.  They weren't implemented to be used in
that context, since a normal proxy request is never mapped to the
filesystem.

Proxy works over several hooks, and suppresses ever mapping anything
to disk.  In the case of rewrite in per-directory context, rewrite
kicks off the "latter" processing but bootstraps it a different way
(long after the resource has already been mapped to disk)

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com