Alexander,

You are facing a domain name resolution issue. Please look on wikipedia and the likes for more details, as apache httpd does not interact with DNS.

Frank.

On 14/04/2010 4:52 PM, Alexander Welz wrote:
I have apache 2.2 installed on a computer.

If I type the IP address for the server in the browser window, the website
displays
I am using a domain from GoDaddy. I set up the Name server in Go daddy for
the domain of the same name.
I can ping the nameserver and the IP for the webserver displays.
If I ping for the domain name it can not find the server.

The DNS and Nameserver are set up correctly with godaddy, but it is getting
lost when the domain tries to find my server.

Any ideas on what is causing the problem?